Spring has sprung and perhaps you’ve devoted some time to spring cleaning in your home this season. Why not take your spring cleaning to the next level and refresh your décor with some colorful and fun spring decorating trends!
Check out these spring decorating trends to enliven your living space this season:
- Pastel accessories. The soft tones of Easter eggs can carry over through summer, too. Soft pinks, greens, and yellows, robin’s egg blue can replace the dark and heavier colors of winter, adding instant cheer to your space. Use pastels for throw pillows and other decorative accents that are easy to switch out with the seasons.
- Florals and Elements From Nature. What’s more Spring-y than fresh flowers? Bring nature indoors with some beautiful blooms or greenery. Other natural elements, like grass mats, twine, and wooden platters also complement the trend. If you don’t have a green thumb, artificial plants and flowers work, too. Floral patterns are also popular again for wallpaper, upholstery, and linens.
- Two-Toned Cabinets. The all-white kitchen trend is being replaced with a more fun and colorful approach. Many are choosing to keep a neutral color, like white, for the top cabinets and painting the lower cabinets in a bold shade. Blues and greens are popular, as well as brown and black for lower cabinets.
- Touches of Bright Yellow. Infuse your home with happy, sunny tones with some well-placed accessories in bright yellow tones. Go bold with curtains, a new chair, or some desk accessories in sunshine yellow – it’s a subtle mood booster and a great complement to other home décor and color schemes.
- Updated Dining Chairs. Spring is a great time for new dining chairs to add freshness to the dining room. The Stressless line of dining chairs offers a timeless look and long-lasting quality. These dining chairs are a great update for spring but will last through all the seasons.
- Open Shelving. The open shelving trend has been going strong for a few years and shows no signs of slowing just yet. Open up your kitchen and display pretty dishes or glassware. Your items are easy to get to and can be updated seasonally for beautiful displays. If mismatched dishes or clutter are a concern, leave some cupboard doors on and just have a few open shelves and still enjoy this trend.
Bring the spring trends to your home with quality home furnishings from Heritage House Furniture. We offer free design services and can help you update your home for spring!