Every year, Pantone chooses a Color of the Year that the color experts agree captures the essence of the times. In 2020, the Pantone Color of the Year is Classic Blue, a bold yet calming blue that’s perfect for all types of design ideas inside the home. Classic Blue can bring a splash of creativity and boldness to many areas of your home and create some dramatic and inspiring results when used effectively.
How to Use Classic Blue in Your Interior Design Plans
This year, if you’re planning on doing any interior design changes, you can incorporate this dramatic yet serene blue hue to your home in lots of creative ways:
- Accents. One of the most important features of any interior design motif is the accent colors that augment and emphasize the larger colored areas of an interior space. Think of ways to incorporate Classic Blue as an accent color. Thanks to the versatility of this color, you can use it alongside neutral tones, earthy colors, and even larger spaces with bold colors in a variety of ways.
- Furniture. Furniture pieces can easily become visual focal points in an interior space. Consider choosing a new couch or chair in Classic Blue to add a splash of powerful color that’s both calming and inspiring to your sitting room, den, or bedroom.
RELATED ARTICLE: 6 Spring Decorating Trends to Consider This Season
- Lighting. Classic Blue can also work very well with the lighting fixtures in your home. Classic Blue light fixtures can add a splash of vibrancy with a calming effect inside and outside of your home. Classic Blue paint on ceilings can also work with overhead lights in many interesting ways.
- Rugs. Area rugs are fantastic opportunities to add color to a room. Consider adding a Classic Blue rug to your living room, bedroom, hallway, or bathroom to bring the Pantone Color of the Year into your home in a creative and comforting way.
- Window treatments. Window frames, shutters, curtains, and blinds can be as fashionable as they are functional. If you’re looking for places to add Classic Blue to your home, window fixtures can be the perfect option. Start looking around the windowed spaces of your home to find the areas where Classic Blue could look the best and enhance the overall décor of your home’s interior.
RELATED ARTICLE: 4 Inspirational Summer Window Treatments
Classic Blue is a beautiful and incredibly versatile color to add to any home, and you can find many surprising ways to incorporate the Pantone Color of the Year to your interior design plans for 2020.
If you need new furniture to help you realize your interior design vision for your home this year, contact Heritage House Furniture to learn more about the new pieces we have in stock that could be right for you and your plans.